• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

water circulation question

hey guys,

i have a 20 gallon long that im setting up as nano reef

would 2 koralia 3's be too much?

the only reason i wanna use these is cause i already own them

any feedback is appreciated

Brian

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
In most cases I would say no and that's it's too much flow, but if you are doing a bare bottom SPS tank, then you can use them.

panmanmatt

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I think they would help with water changes nicely as they'd probably blow the water out of the tank.

For that size tank I'd go with two number 1 or even the nanos.

In my 29 Biocube I have two Koralia 1's and a MJ1200 return pump. I think two #1's give me more then enough flow for what I am keeping in a 29.

I've seen some 55g reefs where people are running two Koralia 3's.

I agree with panmanmatt, I'de go with two nanos or two #1's or one of both depending on what you are keeping.

lmao.... well i guess i can use one for now....

hey can one of you guys help me ...i cant setup a want to trade post because
im still under my "newb post limit" ...

so would someone hook me up and send the people my way?

i just wanna do even swap for smaller koralias

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Sorry 'bout the limits, but it is a club policy not to allow newcomers to participate in our FS/FT until they have hit the 25 valid post requirement. We've had some issues with this in the past that have caused us to go this route.

We certainly welcome you to scout the nano forum and learn/share with the folks here or wander the other forums and participate!

hey guys i managed to trade someone my 3's for some nanos ;D....so the new question is ....

how should i position them???.... :-\

biggz2282 said:
hey guys i managed to trade someone my 3's for some nanos ;D....so the new question is ....

how should i position them???.... :-\

Position them so that there are a minimum amount of dead (no water movement) water spots in the tank. Also the more turbulent the water surface the more oxygen gets circulated into the water. Kinda like a medium boil is what I aim for. A powerhead near the surface should/could take care of this. With it being a 20 long. I'd aim that one the width of the tank. The other two as necessary.