• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Water Purity / Conductivity Testers for RO/DI Water

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
With all the chatter about RO/DI water, I have never tested my RO water and would like to pick up a meter to find out what I’m putting out. Any suggestions on the brand / type of meter I need to get to do the testing? Thanks.

Any TDS meter will do, as well as some calibration fluid. If you run your own RO/DI unit, I prefer inline meters. Its just more for convenience. I would also suggest silica test and chlorine test kits, both can be present in small quantities and not show on a TDS test especially in colloidal forms.

One other note. If you use a handheld meter. Make sure you test the water in a glass vessel and not plastic or metal. Your readings will be affected otherwise. Make sure your rinse the vessel well with the water you are testing first.