• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Well, Velvet / Ick in another tank now ... :(

Well - I read the topic last week all about this ... I lost all but on Wrasse from my 90g. Horrible. Just last night, I found spots on my two Burr fish in the 120g. Looks more like Ick vs Velvet (from the other tank). Something is going on ... must be me ... I try to be careful, but. So the treatment begins ...

120g, Fish only, no live rock. Great fish in this tank - I really hope we don't lose them all.

:(

Sandee,

Are you still using Copper Power? I read up on it a little after you mentioned it and found that it's chelated copper so dosage on it is different than with cupramine. I believe it's 0.15-0.25 ppm but don't quote me on that. When dealing with poison as a cure, better double check what the dosage should be.

Started with spots on the two Burr fish's fins - then the larger Burr's body became pretty infected. Must have been me with my sloppy wet hands - feeding the previously sick tank, then this one.

This just in - bought a pretty powerful 57 watt Aqua Ultraviolet UV and a larger pump to drive more circulation thru the tank. In less than 24 hours, the two Burrs actually look somewhat better. The two Lookdowns were only slightly infected - they look perfect. My fingers are crossed.

Not treating with Copper - again, I'm doing something wrong, not testing properly or something. Seachem ParaGuard worked for us in the past - going back to that. I really don't want to lose another tank full of fish. :(

Please wish these guys a "get well soon" ... F5 to refresh pix (lights off at 11pm eastern).

cam_6.jpg

Update. Been treating with Formalin now. Baby Burr died. Mr. Burr isn't doing well ... all the other fish appear to be ok. Pulled him out - treating separately in QT now. Sucks.

Seachem Cupramine has worked very well for me when dealing with ich. of course in a QT only. if youre not sure whats going on just leave the DT fallow for six weeks. eight for velvet.Or since this is fish only with no LR, you can just hypo the DT.