• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

What size durso standpipe?

The diameter of the tube (which i'm pretty sure is my standpipe) in that picture is 1 1/4 inches. i don't know what type of durso standpipe i need for that. plus i'm not sure if it's a slip or threaded? can anyone help me out?

Brian

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I can be 100% sure, but I don't THINK you can put a Durso in a a HOB overflow. Are you just looking to cut down on noise? When I had HOB's I would get a piece of acrylic and cut it to size and use it as a cover...worked well for that.

Yeah just the noise between the gurgling and the splashing it sounds like niagra falls and it's driving me crazy (it's in my bedroom) i've tried everything except this

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
We used a homemade durso in our HOB overflow. Without it, it sounded like a toilet flushing. Just use a pipe that loosely fits in the drain hole. Here's two pics:

OverflowDurso.jpg

OverflowDurso3762.jpg