• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

What type of halide bulb "150W" Gives a purple color?

So Im in the midst of setting up my new 90G SPS tank and would like to replace my bulbs on my halide sunpod set up and im interested in knowing if the make a halide bulb that is similiar to the "fiji purpl T5 look"

Thanks reefers

???

Exoticreef said:
So Im in the midst of setting up my new 90G SPS tank and would like to replace my bulbs on my halide sunpod set up and im interested in knowing if the make a halide bulb that is similiar to the "fiji purpl T5 look"

Thanks reefers

???

I know that 20K bulbs give a blue look but I'm not sure how they are as far as growth goes.

20K is definitely the way to go. At that high of a color temp you will not have as much growth as you would with say a 12K, but your colors will be awesome.

I went in the middle with 14K Phoenix bulbs...gives me good growth and good color.

But for that deep blue/purple look you definitely want a 20K or more if they make them higher.