• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

What were these guys thinking

Me too. Though I perfectly understand why, right now, she might be very upset and a bit humiliated because of the publicity, if she can not forgive him then they probably were not for each other.

It's one thing to do that to your friend, it's another to do it to an innocent bystander. She shouldn't be mad at him though as he wasn't the initiator.

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I'm still annoyed that the one guy called Shea a dump. . . . I mean, it is. . . . but it's our dump! (**only one more season there anyway**)

I agree that she shouldn't be mad at him. It clearly wasn't his fault. If he was involved, he should be nominated for an Academy Award because his reaction was priceless.

John

What goes around comes around...Saw an early 60's Amazin' Mets team under Casey Stengel jump up on the Cubs 7-0 after one inning in a new Shea Stadium only to lose 8-7. :( Now, some 23 years later, I witnessed a highly paid Mets team blow a 7 game Sept. division lead in an "aged" Shea
to miss the playoffs. :( Thank goodness I'm a lifelong Yankee fan as both experiences would have been painful. ;D

Dom

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
I thought that was hilarious. The best was Shea's a dump. Let's go Yankees.

Sorry guys...it's 43 years later, not 23.

Serves as a reminder...Don't drink wine and try to do math at the same time ;D
Dom