• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

whats going on here

PrettyBoyStuntz

came home froma day trip in wildwood and I come home to this...when I got home I noticed that some how it got moved and was touching the peice of LR next to it and it looks like that is where the dying happened from. There is no aptasia or anything like that nor have I noticed any fish picking at it.

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
That coral looks to be in quite a bit of dispair. How long have you had it for? While touching the LR could have caused an infection, I have my lobos IN rock and they don't do that. I see a hint of cyano in the substrate. What are your nitrate, phosphate, ammo, and pH readings? What has your temperature been doing?

I dont know everything off the top of my head but I know everything has been in check. Regular water changes with RO water and everything else in the tank is doing fine. I have had the coral in there for about a 3 weeks

Since it's new and seems to have fallen, it probably has some tissue damage and developed an infection.

It needs a lugols dip or some other coral medication. I've been fortunate not to get any infections so I hope someone can suggest the best dip.

Also, double check your parameters as Phyl suggested. For the infection to spread taht quickly, there has to be some other stressors at work.

We got 2 lobos shipped from a seller on eBay and that's what they looked like in the bag they completely dissolved in the bag. My hubby didn't see that they weren't guaranteed ( Huge warning sign) Worst thing about it they were a club sponsor. Oh well live and learn

reefsandrotts

NJRC Member
Just a shot in the dark here,but judging from the cyano and the brown film algae thats developing on the sand and rock I'm going to say high nitrate and phosphates.