• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

What's the difference???

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Looking at the trading post for Green Sinularia I was wondering what the difference between that and the Green Nepthea is.
I tried to search but really did not find much.
Anyone know?

Below was all I could find.
"The way I understand it is that there's a discernable difference between the polyps of a Sinularia and Nepthea. What that is I don't know"
"Sinularia possesses small bony needles called scerlites( spelling?) In the base of the coral..nepethea does not have these. "

When you come to get the tank ill show you the difference. You can see it in the ends of the polyps when they're fully extended. Nethea has a bushier polyp and sinulara has a thinner polyp but both have similar growth structures. I have a pink nepthia and a green sinularia

I've never dragged the nepthia bc it's still small. But when I frag the sinulara when you cut it it almost has a filament like grainy body when you cut the base. Mayne that's the bony like structure they mention

When you come to get the tank ill show you the difference. You can see it in the ends of the polyps when they're fully extended. Nethea has a bushier polyp and sinulara has a thinner polyp but both have similar growth structures. I have a pink nepthia and a green sinularia
Great explanation. Seriously. Thank you.