• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

What's The Least Favorite Fish

Just wondering what your least favorite fish is now in your tank and have ever owned.

I'll start it off. Right now its my purple psudo. Not because of the aggression. Its because it moves so much sand. I didn't realize it would grab mouthfuls of sand swim midway up the tank and spit it out. I'm getting sand on even my highest rock.

Number 2 on this list is the lawnmower blenny. He is the cause of me breaking more corals and dropping things than any other fish. Anytime I'm doing something in my tank it comes up and bites me in the soft spot on my arm. Doesn't hurt just makes me jump every time.

Least favorite fish ever is my striped damsel. He use to rain supreme in my 40 pillar. I couldn't put anything in there with him outside of the SFE he was with originaly or the engineer goby that replaced the eel(he killed a couple other fish that were larger than him). Now after a 6 month stent in the sump and the lemonpeel angel and starry blenny being established he's on the bottom of the chain of command, but he still keeps testing the angel.

Last edited:
My six line wrasse. I can't stand that thing! He fights everything in the tank. However my kids love him so he stays put. I want to get a purple tang but I am worried that being so close in color the wrasse will try and kill it.

My kids will have to understand why the $19 "rascal the wrasse" had to go when he tries to kill the tang.

Number 2 would be my diamond goby. It's always a sand storm.

My Anthias I just hate seeing them fight and here I was worried about my wrasse but nope just Anthias bickering.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2

To be honest I don't think I have any fish in my tank that I dislike. All of them seem to have great personalities. And all but the clowns are beggers.
Sorry to hear about the six line Matte. I can't imagine a tang, especially a purple not being able to hold its own though. My six line is a model citizen.

As I said I have no fish that I dislike, though the clowns are the only think keeping my tank from full SPS. My wife and son love the way they host the hammer. So they must stay for now.

To be honest I don't think I have any fish in my tank that I dislike. All of them seem to have great personalities. And all but the clowns are beggers.
Sorry to hear about the six line Matte. I can't imagine a tang, especially a purple not being able to hold its own though. My six line is a model citizen.

As I said I have no fish that I dislike, though the clowns are the only think keeping my tank from full SPS. My wife and son love the way they host the hammer. So they must stay for now.

That hammer is amazing, especially the way the clowns just disappear in it. Why not hold em for ransome and get your dream tank set up in the basement with all sps?

That hammer is amazing, especially the way the clowns just disappear in it. Why not hold em for ransome and get your dream tank set up in the basement with all sps?

The thought has crossed my mind. I think as long as I can eventually pull off the 200DD then I should be able to find a corner somewhere to put it.

Multicolor angel. We bought a gorgeous one in 2010, and he ate hundreds of dollars of SPS in less than a week. He went back to the pet store.

hcker99

Sponsor
Gold Sponsor
A blue velvet damsel. He was only about an inch. Put him in my reef and he picked on everyone, ripped coral apart, you name it. SO I figure ok I'll just put him in the FO tank with large puffers, full grown lion fish, etc.... What trouble can he really get in with these bigger and more aggressive fish? WELL that little **** killed the lion and would have killed the wrasse if I didn't get him out of there.

Needless to say he was a burial at sea.

JGRAZ - what is about keeping clowns that prevents you having sps?

Since I haven't stocked my tank yet, I want to learn what my options and limitations are regarding livestock.

Bryan

JGRAZ - what is about keeping clowns that prevents you having sps?

Since I haven't stocked my tank yet, I want to learn what my options and limitations are regarding livestock.

Bryan

What I meant was the hammer and frogspawn corals are the only things keeping me from going full SPS. I do have plenty of SPS already though. My wife and son love the way the clowns are hosting both the hammer and frogspawn so they both said neither can go.

Gotcha. I thought maybe the care requirements of one limited the other, like trace elements, I completely overlooked the human element ;)

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Ditto Blue Velvet Damn-sel. That beautiful fish killed two of the fish I had and was eventually put into the witness protection program in an aggressive fish tank (to remain unnamed.) Brian, hows that fish doing......kill anyone lately?

Fish Brain

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Ditto Blue Velvet Damn-sel. That beautiful fish killed two of the fish I had and was eventually put into the witness protection program in an aggressive fish tank (to remain unnamed.) Brian, hows that fish doing......kill anyone lately?

Unfortunately that tank was a victim of Sandy. :( I was doing a 2:1 ratio (reef:fowlr) on the warm water jugs but the temp must have gotten too low. I hoped the fish would hold up, but by the time I got the generator it was too late, I lost the damsel and the puffer.

XXLG domino damsel. Helped a friend hold his livestock while he moved. Two weeks larter he gets orders to greece. sucker nips me every time I go near his cave and likes to re arrange the frags I place near his cave. :-/