• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Where should I go for dive classes?

kevin

NJRC Member
I'm located in Central NJ; East Brunswick area. I really want to learn how to dive. Anyone have suggestions on where to go?

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I'm a bit further south, but I just got my advanced diver certification with The Dive Shop in Cherry Hill. I'm sure you can find something much closer, but just throwing their name out there for anyone down south that's interested. Great people to deal with with very experienced dive masters to learn from.

Anyway, good luck. It's an expensive hobby once you start buying your own equipment... but it's the most enjoyable thing I've ever done. I plan to continue my training and diving whenever I can afford it. :cool:

I'm a bit further south, but I just got my advanced diver certification with The Dive Shop in Cherry Hill. I'm sure you can find something much closer, but just throwing their name out there for anyone down south that's interested. Great people to deal with with very experienced dive masters to learn from.

Anyway, good luck. It's an expensive hobby once you start buying your own equipment... but it's the most enjoyable thing I've ever done. I plan to continue my training and diving whenever I can afford it. :cool:

+1 for The Dive Shop in Cherry Hill...check out their website www.thediveshopnj.com

George...when did you do your advanced dives? I was there this weekend help ping out with students and you weren't there lol.

You can also do your classroom work online through PADI.com. They have an entire e-learning section. Then you just have to go to a shop for the pool sessions and then the check out dives.

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Steve, I did my dives up at Dutch last weekend (6/30 - 7/1). Would have been cool to see you there though!

Crap...I was supposed to go then too, but I had such a bad sinus infection that I was in so much paid I couldn't keep my eyes open.

When we going out diving?? Any interest in Jersey Shore diving?

kevin

NJRC Member
ahh, that was the one.. the dive shop! I remember someone pointing that out in an earlier thread(I think the new fragswap thread.. where someone suggested having a dive shop at it). I don't mind the drive if it's a very good place. I'll check the page out again!

kevin

NJRC Member
If you take the elearning that helps you cut down on the time you have to spend in cherry hill.

I E-Mailed Arin just to ask a few questions.. which he responded to rather fast. The wife wants to learn also, so we'll stop by after we get back fromo Jamaica in a few weeks just to check it out.
I have a little down time at work right now, so I'm currently taking the E-Courses.

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
ahh, that was the one.. the dive shop! I remember someone pointing that out in an earlier thread(I think the new fragswap thread.. where someone suggested having a dive shop at it). I don't mind the drive if it's a very good place. I'll check the page out again!
Yea, that was me that suggested to have them at the Swap. I still need to ask them about it... it keeps slipping my mind when I'm up there. And yes, as Steve noted, Arin is a she. ;)

Steve, I might be interested in some Jersey Shore diving. From what I hear, the visibility can be pretty bad some times, but if I can get some spare time I'd like to try it. If you have any dives planned, let me know.