• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Which Fish to add?

So I am thinking about adding another small fish to my 24 nano cube DX. I do enough water changes and all my fish are very small atm. I am looking at Flameback angel, catalina goby, or royal gramma? Which do you think would be the best addition? My current livestock includes:

2 perc clowns
bicolor blenny
6 line wrasse
coral banded shrimp
few hermits
bunch of snails
tons of zoos, mushrooms, xenia and softies

Also...does anyone have experience with coral banded shrimp+ another type of shrimp or will that be a problem? Thanks

panmanmatt

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Your tank is pretty well stocked as is. Your fish may small now but they will grow. Anything you add will require removal of something as it grows and it's never easy getting fish back out again.

That being said, if you really want to add another fish my vote would be for the royal gramma. The angle will definitely not have enough swimming room in that small of a tank and catalina gobies are a cold water fish requiring temps in the lows 65-70 degree range.

panmanmatt said:
Your tank is pretty well stocked as is. Your fish may small now but they will grow. Anything you add will require removal of something as it grows and it's never easy getting fish back out again.

That being said, if you really want to add another fish my vote would be for the royal gramma. The angle will definitely not have enough swimming room in that small of a tank and catalina gobies are a cold water fish requiring temps in the lows 65-70 degree range.

+1

+2
Figure one inch of fish per 5G, you are fully stocked.
I found that adding fish later in a tank small or not is always something of a crapshoot.