• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

White wart on clownfish face Help!

He was a recent addition from OGii, about a month ago. Im trying to pair him with my true perc. I noticed a small white spot about a week ago, and it has only gotten bigger. Any ideas on what it is would be greatly appreciated, I cant seem to find anything close. The only thing wrong with my water is 1.026/1.027 when low. Thanks everyone.

rodclement

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Hi there!

I don't think it's ich, maybe a fungus or an unpleasant hitchhicker? When I had "anchor" bugs in freshwater fish I pulled the fish out and yanked the thing out with tweesers, then treat the area with "bio bandage". Not knowing for sure what it is makes it tought to recomend you to do that since it most likely is something else... :(

Definetly quarentine it! I have empty tanks here if you want, just use an insta cycle product and run the tank with an air stone and a heater.

Good luck!

Rod

Thanks Rod! Ill probably run to reef encounter today and grab a 5 gal. I have an airpump somewhere, and a heater as well. Someone else recommended pulling it off with tweezers, Id love to give it a try but catching him is hard. He knows what the net looks like. :( I feel bad for the little guy, wish he knew I was trying to help!

That doesnt look like ich..IMO
but i would get him and QT him..
Looks like some kind of parasite of some form...
But im no expert..
Nice looking fish though!!
Hope you can save him and get rid of that stuff!

Went out and bought a qt tank. and when I got home the wart had popped! I was worried that it might spread, but its also possible that my cleaner shrimp mightve got it. I hope at least :)

Well its back, slowly growing again. I have the 5 gal set up at the new apartment, and put some live rock in there with a heater and an ac20. What should I run in the filter? Should I set it up as a normal tank,filter floss more rubble and cheato? Also any type of meds would be appreciated.