• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Why is my one return line peeing out the pee hole

My 120 used to be so nice and quiet. In the last few weeks though, my one return line has a steady stream out the bottom pee hole. The noise is really aggravating. Any thoughts?

Tazmaniancowboy

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Did you change the overflow water level or change pump? Sometimes it goes away, and sometimes people cover that hole and drill one lower. When the hole is in the water you will not hear it.

Tazmaniancowboy said:
Did you change the overflow water level or change pump? Sometimes it goes away, and sometimes people cover that hole and drill one lower. When the hole is in the water you will not hear it.
I actually tried to raise the water a bit hoping that would help but it hasn't. Neither side was ever under water that I'm aware of.

panmanmatt

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
It's possible the hole is partially blocked and causing the water to spray more straight out than in a downward direction. Try running a pipe cleaner or Q-tip through the hole and see if that helps.

Thanks everyone. After cleaning out the hole with a pipe cleaner and rasising the water level - no noise.