• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Wild caught Picassos

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
Nikki saw these and had to have them which meant we had to have a new tank which takes us up to 4.

DSC_0882.jpg

DSC_0858.jpg

DSC_0839.jpg

The sign is back:
DSC_0838.jpg

DSC_0837.jpg

DSC_0798.jpg

redfishbluefish said:
What Nikki wants, Nikki gets!

She does have good taste.

However, you’re in trouble. ;D

We have been in trouble for a long time Paul. . . However, I do believe mike is glad that my requests tend towards fish. :)

Those are awesome! Mike may I ask from where and the cost? I may setup a nano once my puppy gets out of the Vet and things settle down. Definitely wouldn't mind a pair.

You guys are enablers :p

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
That link is amazing steamman. I have only read about some of the clowns on that list.

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
mnat said:
That link is amazing steamman. I have only read about some of the clowns on that list.

John is the clown around here.

I mean clown fish king... ;D

Mnat, I think you need a no swimming sign in one of the tanks.

MadReefer said:
John is the clown around here.

I mean clown fish king... ;D

Mnat, I think you need a no swimming sign in one of the tanks.

LOL, that no swimming sign has been around since my first saltwater tank way back in the 90s. I removed it from our tanks when Mike went reef on me, but as he was quite clear that this tank is my baby, I decided it was time to bring it back out of storage :)

They may be expensive but you don't have to buy from them. They have great customer service. I have been working with them to put some pairs together for me. So far I am very happy with them.

howze01

NJRC Member
Great looking little 'Cassos! Didn't know that there were wild caught ones too, I thought it was a captive bred mutation. A great way to invigorate a bloodline for the home breeder! You guys hoping to breed them?

Yes, if all goes well. They are little guys, I think they are less than a year old- they still have clear "edges" to their fins, and they are just getting their black shading in.
I believe the ORA picaso clown strain descended from a misbarred Salmon Islands clown, if my memory serves me.
However, these guys are much tougher than captive bred clowns; I am still not getting much of a feeding response from them. Hoping to add an anem to calm them down (they were hosting a bubble tip at the store, but it was sold to someone else before I was ready to bring the clowns home).