• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Will it come back.

Was looking at some old pics and got depressed at the die off I had. What are the chances this birds nest will return to it original state?

Now
IMG_0971.jpg

When I first got it.

SAM_0310.jpg

Sunny

NJRC Member
Article Contributor
Pink birdsnest is one of the hardest corals to keep colors up.

Good luck.

Fish Brain

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Good news and bad news.

I'll start with the bad first. Once algae starts to grow on the skeleton of the coral, the coral tissue will not grow back.

The good news is, there is still some life on the tips of a few branches, and given time, they will regrow into a colony the size you once had.

I would salvage what you can, and toss the dead algae covered skeleton. Keep the little frags and they will grow out in a few months.

If you ever come up to maple shade area I can give you some more I have couple different ones in my tank. I think what you have will grow back do what Brian said and cut out anything that is white and has algae on it and glue whats left to a plug

Is that ceramic tile I read some where that people put blue or green ceramic tile in there tank and it had Copper Sulfate in it just wondering josh
What I would do is put a little crazy glue down and just set it off to the side and just give it some time what would it hurt

Is that ceramic tile I read some where that people put blue or green ceramic tile in there tank and it had Copper Sulfate in it just wondering josh
What I would do is put a little crazy glue down and just set it off to the side and just give it some time what would it hurt

Don't tell me that. Its Green. :nightmare:

radiata

NJRC Member
Was looking at some old pics and got depressed at the die off I had. What are the chances this birds nest will return to it original state?

No chance at all! Good luck proving me otherwise (I'll want to buy a frag if you do!).

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I live in Blackwood and have a copper test kit if you want to borrow it. Just shoot me a pm and I'll give you my address.

I also have plenty of pink birdsnest if you need it too.