• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Windows XP needed(07735)

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Does anyone have the Windows XP installation disks? My family PC is not working and some XP files I think are corrupt. I will not install XP; just need to copy two files: NTLDR and NTDETECT.COM

Thanks,
Mark

mikem

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I only have the trial copy of the OS/2.
I still have the 5 1/2 boot disk.

shipwrecked said:
*locks doors,checks windows*,should we hide all our bootleg music cd's?I think the internet police are coming...lol

hmm.. this is totally legal/legit? The media is not illegal to trade or have a backup copy of, but rather the license key/code. And, the media does not include a code since that's typed in the box or computer.

Perhaps the OS/2 and DOS 5.0 would be considered illegal, but I was only kidding. I still have 6.22 on 3.5's in the closet. I may even have OS/2, but it was more of a joke since it never took off and was nearly useless. :)

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Don't know version, cant remember PC is old. Hirobo, if you don't mind sending emailing would appreciate it. Mikem, if that doesn't work I'll give you a call to pick it up. I wouldn't care except my resume is on this machine.

Thanks everyone,
Mark

MadReefer said:
Don't know version, cant remember PC is old. Hirobo, if you don't mind sending emailing would appreciate it. Mikem, if that doesn't work I'll give you a call to pick it up. I wouldn't care except my resume is on this machine.

Thanks everyone,
Mark

send me your email and i will send it to ya if you have xp home though it wont work you need to know which version you have

malulu

NJRC Member
i think you could try install it with the winXP-CD, just DO NOT put in that product-code from the CD, it might do an auto upgrade/repair using your current license on the harddisk.

talking about old OS... i may still have the CPM from apple II, anyone want it?
;-)