• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Wine or Water

To my friends who enjoy a glass of wine... and those who don't.

Ben Franklin said: In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria.

In a number of carefully controlled trials, scientists have demonstrated that if we drink 1 liter of water each day, at the end of the year we would have absorbed more than 1 kilo of Escherichia coli, (E. coli) - bacteria found in feces. In other words, we are consuming 1 kilo of poop.

However, we do NOT run that risk when drinking wine & beer (or tequila, rum, whiskey or other liquor) because alcohol has to go through a purification process of boiling, filtering and/or fermenting.

Remember: Water = Poop,
Wine = Health.

Therefore, it's better to drink wine and talk stupid, than to drink water and be full of s**t.

There is no need to thank me for this valuable information: I'm doing it as a public service.

In the middle ages in europe even young kids drank beer/wine because the water supply was so tainted with dissease.

I don't think Ben Franklin said anything about bacteria, since the name was not coined until the 1800s. He did however make the great quote that "Beer is proof that God loves us, and wants us to be happy!"

The founding fathers were quite distrustful of drinking water and often quenched their thirst with beer or cider. That said, they made some pretty weak beer ("small beer") for that purpose.

My favorite quote is "Don't drink water fish (make love) in it!"

Dam,i don't drink alcohol! And my favorite beverage is water! :eek:I must have accumulated pounds of poop throught the years! LMAO!

i really enjoyed that writeup.

i do love beer and wine and everything that's even harder that beer. despite all my beer drining, our bodies are 70% water so we're all full of %^&* anywway!