• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

would like to add fish

i have a 90 gallon tank that has 2 false clowns, 1 bi-color psuedochromas, a jewel damsel, a blue devil damsel, and a single green chromis. I want to see more fish in my tank. variety prefered. i was considering removing the 2 damsels to avoid bullying with any new fish. since i am selling all my coral, the recommendatoins do not have to be reef safe. I prefer hardy fish. can i put a bunch of different blennies and basslets together? or will they fight? i have not had too much success with fish that eat exclusively off the live rock. Please advise. Thank you in advance

In my experience, blennies fight uncontrollably. I'm not sure about in a 90 gallon tank though. It might work if you let them have their own territories. That's just my opinion though.

I have a pygmy angel that I think is pretty cool fish active and whatnot, or a less reefsafe angel even. He stands up to my bi-color too.
Maybe some cardinals?

What Chris said is absolutely correct. Blennies vary so much. They lump everything as being a blenny or goby. Some are aggressive as hell and will not reserve aggression only to their own kind. Blennies need to be researched carefully as some are mislabelled (ie scooters are dragonets, some blennies are hawkfish, etc.) Get rid of the damsels. I am surprised they don't fight with chromis and clowns already. Yellow Tang is pretty hardy. Coral Beauty and Flame Angels are hardy but you will probably only be able to house 1 dwarf angel. Certain wrasses but a lot are aggressive and almost all are jumpers. It used to be Banggai were considered hardy but stay with captive bred. They are some of the finickiest eaters for fish that are considered "beginner fish." Stay away from almost all butterflies (exception is raccoon is hardy). If you don't like yellow tang, foxface is hardy. Some anthias are good as well. That's all I can think of off the top of my head.

i wouldn't get rid of the damsels. I'd just add a tougher fish to the mix. A trigger will hold it's own against those damsels. Or go for an angel.

Whatever happened to the tank at school? did that ever get going?

I just came back from RedSand/. i am considering soem anthias for the tank. He has a bunch there for $25 a piece. Reasonable? How many do i need for a decent group? Remember, I want to see some fish. Why not get rid of the damsels?they cost 2 bucks and i dont want them attacking any of my nicer fish. maybe a small angel as recommended.

the school tank is a small 10 gallon tank with a damsel and some live rock. nothing fancy.