• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Would like to borrow... 07735

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Does anyone have an external CD drive that I can borrow for a few days. I have a notebook in which I need to re-install Windows and there is no CD drive on it.

Thanks
Mark

If you have a desktop and a large enough flash drive you could dump the windows install to the flash drive and do it that way. Lifehacker.com has an article on doing it

The_Codfather

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Last time I was over Tonys well....
0009.gif

Def use a flash drive. You'll also notice a huge speed increase as a flash drive can read much faster than a flash.

The_Codfather

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Def use a flash drive. You'll also notice a huge speed increase as a flash drive can read much faster than a flash.
I was thinking if he might have a prob with it not being a ISO..he might have to put it on disk or DL a prog like prog like ...PowerISO or MagicISO

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Thanks everyone. Did not think I could dump the OS on a flash but will try.As for Tony, I heard bought his NEW car from Fred Flintstone.

The_Codfather

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Thanks everyone. Did not think I could dump the OS on a flash but will try.As for Tony, I heard bought his NEW car from Fred Flintstone.
Mark as a I said you might have to put it on disk.. some programs you have to install from disk (ISO) I really dont know with windows as i have alwat use a disk.....The other good thing with the flash is you can do back up on it before you do the re- installAd

Add edit: where, who and how are you getting the OS from?

The_Codfather

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Is it being used on another PC with internet or is it a windows xp corporate version? Only reason I ask is a regular version can only be used on one PC and when you go to activate it;s going to be a no go