• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Would these lights work?

Brian

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Well, like I said.. It's my opinion. A 400 watt MH bulb will generate a lot of heat. If you were to use it, It would need to be atleast 12" off the surface of the water. Then you would still need actinic supplementation. (unless of course you went with a 14k or 20k bulb)

I would be cautious with a homemade kit as well. The ballast is probably not energy efficient.It also doesn't mention what type of bulbs you can you use, (Mogul or medium base...etc) You would also need a reflector with that as well.

Brian

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Cheap and MH usually don't go together. lol

You can watch the for sale forums here and on RC. You can usually find a deal somewhere.

Hey thx! i was trying to find that site because i remember you talking about it when i was at your place i think i'm going to hold up and just try and make my tank really nice and then maybe I'll set up a bigger reef tank for sps and stuff