• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

WTB chameleon/reptile cage (screen or hybrid) - Brick

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
2' x 2' x 4'

Thanks.

Also looking for a UVB lighting fixture, 2', 5.0 or 10.0, and a mister setup.

Last edited:

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Are you getting a chameleon?
I have a screen change I saved because I hope to get another chameleon in a tear or 2.
You can borrow it. Give me a call.

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Thanks Mark, appreciate the offer but I'm looking for a permanent start.
Going to cycle a bioactive substrate for a month or two and stabilize before I ever pick up the cham.

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Call me. I am in rush to get one as the temp here I need to work out. Plus between my son and I if needed can find something else.
What type are you getting?

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
I have the Zoo Med one all sides are screened. Have not used it in 6yrs.
If you need it come get it.

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Diana. Wow! Sorry to make you do the work, but unfortunately I need a cage at least 4 feet tall and 2 feet square at the base.
I do need a T5 setup, but might be able to use that 2 CFL bulb lamp. I can research and let you know.
Thanks!

Mark, Veileds are a bit too aggressive, and though we really wanted a Jackson were probably going with a male panther as the first.

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Nice choice. I will need to double check the height of cage, don't think its 4 foot high.

I miss my chameleon, such cool animals. I had a setup the size that your looking for with t5ho uv bulbs and the 2x2x4 screen enclosure with live plants. I rehomed a very angry veiled dinosaur and the entire setup right before getting back into saltwater. I wasn't able to dedicate enough time to both so I picked what I really liked most which was saltwater. Good luck on your search and I hope you post some progress pics on here for us to see.
20200725_100935.jpg20200725_101024.jpg

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
My female veiled ended up free range. The cage is 2 foot tall, just measured. she would hiss and few times bit me putting her back into the cage. She hung out in a Hibiscus tree which I put outside few times a week. She would sneak off into the Butterfly bush, took forever to find it. She would drop to the patio because unable to climb down the pot. Think it ended up with internal injuries as died shortly after.

@Markc I know its not the size but still welcome to it.

diana a

Staff member
NJRC Member
You might have been interested in this setup. It had a monitor lizard in it. The enclosure is 5' tall plus stand. Just sold it

1641092639890.jpeg

DEL

Vice President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
damnit mark!! I sold my 4 foot high zoo med breeze cage a few mos ago for super cheap, along with a mist king. I had a panther Cham for a few years. If I knew you were into reptiles, you know I wouldve just given it to you. check Craigslist and fb marketplace. usually some good deals

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Note to self: I have Del's number and he's my 3am go to.

Reactions: DEL

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Thats for the links and PMs folks.
Managed to find an enclosure over the weekend, full custom with misters and decor…

image.jpg

Stll looking for a 24” dual or quad T5 if anyone has one collecting dust.

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Oh, and if any of you chameleon folks have a solarmeter around to lend or rent…