• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

WTB reef keeper lite

horseplay

NJRC Member
Looking for the above or something cheap. Only function I need now if the ability to turn off return pump after feeding then turn it back on 30 mins later.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

If that is all you need it for and you feed them at same time everyday you can use a timer.

Sent from my LG-MS840 using Tapatalk 2

If that is all you need it for and you feed them at same time everyday you can use a timer.

You can use a spring wound timer, like for turning on a light/fan for X mins. Just have to find one that you can switch to normally closed(as in the circuit) rather than normally open. Then you crank the timer and it pops back on once the timer runs down.

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
If you want to do this turn-on/turn-off manually, the least expensive way is to pick up a two-gang plastic electrical box, a switch, an outlet, cover plate and an inexpensive 6-12 ft extension cord. You’ll cut off the outlet end of the extension cord and use a small portion of the wire to wire the switch to the outlet, and the remaining part of the cord to now plug this switch/outlet into the wall. I’m sure everything together is less than ten bucks.

jujybezy.jpg

One of these and put the wires on opposite.

Sent from my C811 4G using Tapatalk

I have a few pumps that I turn off for feeding, i.e. returns, reactor's, skimmer, that are plugged into their own power strip. I simply turn off the power strip for feeding, and turn it back on when they're finished. I do keep my PH's on a separate power strip, since I like to run them for an hour or so, after I spot feed the corals without the other pumps running.

The advantage of using a timer is that if you ever forget to turn the switch back on it will turn on by it self...I have my skimmer and return pump plugged into a digital timer.

With the type above you can wire them backwards. It is used for spa blowers. I think they cost around 15 buks. If you can't find one let me know, I have quite a few on network truck.

Sent from my C811 4G using Tapatalk

horseplay

NJRC Member
Thanks for the suggestions on the spa timer but it just seems too much work for me :)

I am going back to the digital timer idea. I feed the tank just before going to bed or in the early morning before going to work, when the PE is the best. I have a digital timer that allow me to set 7 on/off but you can set only the on's. So it can be set turn on in the morning and like 12am mid night.