• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Yasha Hase Goby

Here's my newest addition to the 16 gallon bowfront. After the first night of being able to find him no matter where he was , the next 6 days were very frustrating. With no trace of him I eventually wrote him off as being a victim of carpet surfing. I searched all over the carpet for evidence, then I remembered I had vacuumed some days earlier. I was kicking myself for not putting egg crate over the top like I should have.

Yesterday I'm staring at a rock that the PITA emerald crabs knocked over, trying to determine if there are any zoos on the opposite side when I notice a small red dot. I initially thought "Hmmmm, I don't remember buying any red zoos" then I saw an eyeball and I knew what I was looking at!!

He's still a bit camera shy, so these are the best pictures I could get. I'm just happy that I am able to take any pictures of him at all considering what I thought his fate was. :D

Yasha-2.jpg

Yasha-5.jpg

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Very cool. I love when fish turn back up after believing that they had "moved on". We had a similar experience the other day. Our fish had been missing for 2+ weeks when it turned up!

Nice looking fish. Good luck with him.

LOL! Never thought of it that way- a whole family of fish in hiding ;D

I'm kinda concerned about his sudden appearance however. Today his is not acting like a goby should. He's out in the open and clinging to equipment instead of reefy objects. He did eat this morning but I'm still concerned by his willingness to hang out in clear view. There is another goby that could be picking on him since he is twice the Yasha's size. I want to get a pistol shrimp to help him build a burrow that he may be longing for.

Hopefully all is well when I get home tonight.

Hey Eric, very nice Yasha! I purchase an Yasha and yellow pistol shrimp a few weeks ago. I heard the yellow pistol shrimps are rare! Anyway, they paired up immediately, there insperateable. At first the yasha was hiding as well, and the wife was not happy! My wife does not like fish hiding! LOL

I was told when the yasha is comfortable with there surrounding, the yasha will come out. The pistol shrimp is a digging machine and the yasha on the look out! I had no idea that my pistol shrimp would dig so much, covering my acans, or anything I had on the sand. So, I decided to re-aquascape, therefore I bought some shelving LR to take most of my coral off the sand. Now I have a better look! And these guys found there spots. Here is a pic of my Yasha & Yellow Pistol Shrimp, first week.