• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Yellow Coris Wrasse

Just got one to take care of my feather duster problem. I read in the fish book that they will go after fan worms/feather dusters. Hope the book is right.

So I acclmated him for 2 hours and I just put him in the tank. After about 1/10th of a lap he burried himself in the sand ... completely disappeared.

Not sure if he's just scared of the 3 large tangs and the watanabe I have but I hope he comes out of the sand hungry.

They bury themselves at night. He'll be out and working in the morning.

Careful, they are expert carpet surfers!

blange3 said:
They bury themselves at night. He'll be out and working in the morning.

Careful, they are expert carpet surfers!

Yeah, and I don't have covers on my tank.

I may cut up some eggcrate just incase.

Subliminal

NJRC Member
Gotcha. So its not that they're problematic, it's just that you don't like them.

I was a little confused as I'd always thought they were harmless filterfeeders that actually do more help than harm, and whose population would ebb with the available foodstuffs.

I just looked at your mac site...your tank looks great!

I don't think it was the Nem that got him.

After looking at the body I noticed his tail had been torn up. I think he was being harrassed by the Tangs and after he final died he happened to land in the Anemone.

I'll never know though.

MikeNapoli said:
I don't think it was the Nem that got him.

After looking at the body I noticed his tail had been torn up. I think he was being harrassed by the Tangs and after he final died he happened to land in the Anemone.

I'll never know though.

that stinks.... :'(