• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Yellow Tang - died

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Okay, well yesterday before going to work noticed that my yellow tang was acting strange. Just staying between 2 rocks head down. I took it out and put in a small container, but this morning it was not alive. It had some dark coloration on the face/head area. Any ideas what happened? I didn't test my water but am dounga 10g water chnage now, all the RO I have right now. The only changes were about 3 weeks ago I noticed my lemon peel angel went mia. I did get some snails, crab, rick nem from teh group buy. Haven't seen the small snails or emarld crab. The rock nem was open then closed up for a few days then opened and has been closed for a week. At night it occassionally opens.

Thanks
Mark

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Just realized that about the time the lemon peel disappeared I changed out the GFH. I remember that after putting it on the sump some grayish water came out. Maybe I didn't run it clean long enough and the movement caused some extra stuff to come out in the tank?