• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Yellow tang help???

4AB79F84-E223-406E-9BCC-66E9B7F31F4E.jpeg 29F2B63C-6E7D-4052-9E6A-4632118A465A.jpeg7073310D-CFBE-47FE-B23C-82C629A42246.jpeg 347C8B8C-E2E3-4391-81CC-94D09E6D4985.jpeg So 2 days ago literally over night my yellow tang had showed up with this reddish brown patch at the base of it tail so I Immediately pulled it from the tank. Thankfully I haven’t broke down the 40g in my garage yet. Well those patches are gone but now it has a white line across its back just below the dorsal fin and behind it’s eyes also look as if the color was just erased. I don’t have a pic of my fish with the patch that went away but I found one online that looks very similar. My tang apparently hates cameras but here’s the best most recent pic of him tonight. I figured stress because of the new fish stole his bed.

The white line/patches on the tang is HLLE.
The red patch is most likely bacterial infection.

I just treated a yellow tang a few months ago with the same thing (HLLE and bacterial infection).
For the bacterial infection, I had it undergo 10 days of NFG (nitrofuracin green) and it did the trick.
For HLLE, it’s a bit more complicated. There are a bunch of things that you can do, e.g. remove carbon, feed nori daily with selcon, etc. I’ll see if I can find the link from reef2reef.

My yellow tang is about a year old he has had HLLE since the begging, I feed nori as much as I can and flake food that has it mixed in. From what I am told this is nutriential diet related, so far it hasn't advanced though I have seen sever cases its definitely manageable but Idk about cureable

The red patch is gone completely it was gone the day after I moved him to the other tank. Do you think the infection is still there just not visible? Now this nori can other fish eat it too if I move him back to the display I don’t have much more time with my alt. Tank I could always try and set up a smaller one.

The red patch is gone completely it was gone the day after I moved him to the other tank. Do you think the infection is still there just not visible? Now this nori can other fish eat it too if I move him back to the display I don’t have much more time with my alt. Tank I could always try and set up a smaller one.

Other herbivores and omnivores will eat Nori, highly recommend you feed it if you are not...

As for the bacterial infection, I’ll wait for @Humblefish to answer that. I was lucky I caught the bacterial infection on my tang during QT so I was able to treat immediately.

Other herbivores and omnivores will eat Nori, highly recommend you feed it if you are not...

As for the bacterial infection, I’ll wait for @Humblefish to answer that. I was lucky I caught the bacterial infection on my tang during QT so I was able to treat immediately.
I’ve had the tang for probably 3 months now and it literally popped up in a day I pulled him right away thankfully I had the empty tank running in my garage. The reason I thought maybe stress was the fact it went away once in the other tank. Now the white line and white around the eyes did start sooner but now that I think about it. It was probably about a week after I threw a bag of carbon in. Smh