• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

You got your new tank now get me my kitchen

Hockeynut

NJRC Member
Well the time has finally come and the big boss put the hammer down and the word is Kitchen!!!
Yea yea yea, unlike the masses a new kitchen means something totally different to me.
I have been toying with the idea of building new cabinets for some time and just never jumped off the cliff.
As of yesterday I'm full in a massive build. Here's a couple pictures of my two day progress
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435889447.401082.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435889482.949538.jpg
I haven't built the doors or drawers nor applied any finish yet but I'm feeling pretty good about the progress so far.
The face frames are just tacked on with one nail each so I can clear the inside of the boxes and paint the face frames with a off white. Being able to separate the two will allow for a nice spray finish.
Of course I have to move plumbing which has to run in the slab (slab has radiant heat) which will be a big job, I also have to move lighting and install new tile floor.
I need a beer just thinking about it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
Nice work rob! I know who I'm calling when I need cabinets...lol

mikem

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Nice work. I like the farm sink.
There's a place in Pa that makes any kind of doors and drawers. I found them to be cheaper than making them myself.

Hockeynut

NJRC Member
Three more done today. The corner was a beast to get together [emoji16]
Even had the kid in on the action
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435960894.243507.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435960906.983026.jpg

mrehfeld

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Rob do you allow a gap between cabinets or do you butt them together?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Hockeynut

NJRC Member
Mike face frames are screwed together with trim screws the cabinet sides do not touch each other there is a 1/8" space before the dado in the frame for the side.

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Looking good Rob! Keep posting some pics as you make progress. (Some of us like to steal ideas from professionals.) :encouragement:

Hockeynut

NJRC Member
Thanks guys, I will post as I finish a segment. I finished all of the cabinet boxes this weekend. Next I'll be spraying the finish