• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Your favorite saltmix?

Thanks I thinks ill just get another bucket of IO for now and gradually switch to something else. I thought there might be a salt group buy coming up.

I have an extra box (200 gal.) of RC that you can have for what I paid. PM if interested.

@ madreefer I also picked up a bucket of the coralife salt mix for like 30$. going to use it to set up my 55 gallon tank (hopefully today) just gotta get to homedepot to get wood to build stand.

fatoldsun

NJRC Member
We use aquavitro salinity we have used other Brands almost all of them and we like Salinity the best. Our corals seem to react to the mix the best. We use the buckets for our kalc mix.

+1 and love the buckets...
it seems to mix with some residue - well clear if I look in the mixing drum but pumping it out to the smaller buckets to carry upstairs stirs it all up - I do my WCs at night and all is crystal clear by morning though

Thanks Jim if i decide to go with reef crystals ill buy that box off of you. I took a look at my mixing container tonight and the instant ocean is leaving some nasty brown staining around the bottom half of it. I'm going to get one more bucket of it and read up on the different brands a little bit more before I decide which one to transition to.