• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

10 gallon rimless (fun starts now) with pics!

Yeah that sounds good for the 10G. So you already have it planned out. Man the 10G I had was a mess, yours looks so much better already.

Thank that is my dream right now. I want to put in a blue chromis in and wait a month. Should speed up my cycle or it will die instantly but there hardy fish and that is how i cycled my last tank so i will do it again. Then i donate the damsels back to the LFS ;D

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
I kept a pair of clowns in a 12 gallon JBJ for over a year and they were fine. One in a 10 gallon is not a stretch at all (unless you are talking a clarkii or maroon that can get very large). Planning fish for a 12g is a bit tougher because obviously you don't have as much space. Take into consideration where they "live" in the water column. Clowns like to be out swimming, maybe add a fish that like to stay on the sand and live rock so they don't clash over space.

Yea thats why i want the bicolor or starry blenny. And the one clown =) so no competion for the clown So the 2 would probably be more competition but not enough room :'(

Well tank is cycled fish are coming in!

0501001932.jpg

My first addition instead of damsels i would take out i bought this little guy

0501001934.jpg

0501001938.jpg

I think its a purple dottyback but for 20$ better than a damsel!

O thats super buffer to bring up PH on the wall i should clean it.... lol

Phone pic and dirty tank does'nt help

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
The only reason I brought that up is a purple pseudo can be a terror of a fish.  I have heard of them bullying and killing fish in much bigger tanks and would be worried in a 10g that would be your only fish.  I had an orchid dottyback in a 12g and he was ok.  Dottybacks as a species are aggressive but the orchid is the least aggressive.  Just be very watchful when you add another fish that there is not a ton of aggression.  The other thing you might want to consider is pulling out the purple dottyback and adding the other fish first.  You want to add the most aggressive fish last so it doesn't have time to establish its territory.  Just some thoughts, nanos are very very tough to stock due to the size restrictions and I have learned some lessons on that over the years myself.

Edit: Here is a link
http://fishprofiles.com/profiles/marine/Basses/Pictichromis_porphyreus/

wow that sucks it looked so nice and peaceful the guy said it would be fine with a true perc... That guy screwed me over! well after my tank cycles he is going in a 55 with a large tomato and yellow tang or to DBTC

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
Better to find out before you added another fish than to wake up to a dead fish/shrimp.

There is one that is not so bad. I know Dr. Jim always advertises them as non agressive. Do some research before you move him. I honestly don't remember which is which. Check out saltwaterfish.com and few other sites.

I looked on live aquaria and they have them under semi agressive but the true perc is also semi aggresive

I had a bi-color pseudo...was my oldest fish for a years...he was also the toughest little fish in the tank. You can try another fish, clowns are not wilting daisies either as you read. Trick you can try is to take him out and rearrange the rockwork and put both fish in together so they can establish their own territories.