• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

1200-1500 gallon tank on Craigslist

Russell Bennett

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I wouldn't even know what to do with that. That's something you build your house around
wonder if the hex is smooth enough for shark to be happy?

If I was to build a dream mega tank it would be more to facility a reef, and I would have to be able to reach across it lol

I am scared if a my 36 gallon flooding my house can only imagine having 1200 gallons ready to explode.

That said I was intrigued - could I sneak this in the basement without the wife knowing lol

njtiger24 aquariums

Officer Emeritus
Article Contributor
crazy idea but it would be cool if we had a club tank. Pick a public place (like a school, college, business, etc..) that willing to house a large tank and members from the club take turn maintaining it and upkeep.

Russell Bennett

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
crazy idea but it would be cool if we had a club tank. Pick a public place (like a school, college, business, etc..) that willing to house a large tank and members from the club take turn maintaining it and upkeep.

Cool idea- I always thought it would be cool to help with a tank for like a hospital or something used for education (children). I don't really have the knowledge base to pull it off.

njtiger24 aquariums

Officer Emeritus
Article Contributor
Cool idea- I always thought it would be cool to help with a tank for like a hospital or something used for education (children). I don't really have the knowledge base to pull it off.

Hospital would be cool place as well.

I'm sure there tons of stuff to take into consideration, like schedule, cleaning, who paying, insurance if something goes wrong, etc.....

Russell Bennett

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I'm sure there tons of stuff to take into consideration, like schedule, cleaning, who paying, insurance if something goes wrong, etc.....

Insurance maybe being the biggest- risk tolerance for issues might not match what we need them to as well.

also someone close by that has a clue would be extremely helpful. I think it is a steep mountain in regards to issues.

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Hold on one minute..........Something doesn't add up???

The dimensions are listed as 84 by 84 by 36.....with four sides 72 inches and four sides 36 inches. I went to do some quick calculations assuming the tank looked like this:

I got the smallest length at 123 inches??? Am I missing something? And to think I was going to buy it!:rolleyes:

Russell Bennett

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I got the smallest length at 123 inches??? Am I missing something? And to think I was going to buy it!

yeah I couldn't reconcile the dimensions in my head either. They could barely be bother to take the top off to take a picture so my guess is 84" was close enough lol.

So I am guessing you literally have to climb in it to clean it.

I could find a use trolling motor for power head when I am down in Louisiana for Christmas lol.

Last edited:

njtiger24 aquariums

Officer Emeritus
Article Contributor
Hold on one minute..........Something doesn't add up???

The dimensions are listed as 84 by 84 by 36.....with four sides 72 inches and four sides 36 inches. I went to do some quick calculations assuming the tank looked like this:

I got the smallest length at 123 inches??? Am I missing something? And to think I was going to buy it!:rolleyes:

It is craigslist lol

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
yeah I couldn't reconcile the dimensions in my head either. They could barely be bother to take the top off to take a picture so my guess is 84" was close enough lol.

So I am guessing you literally have to climb in it to clean it.

Or be Stretch Armstrong

stretcharmstrong600_size3.jpg