• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

125 Reef Tank new to NJRC =D

my next adventure for this system is to add a 90 or 125 gallon tank and plumb the whole thing into my basement ;) should be FUNTASTICAL! But at least that way i can run a fuge along with other stuff i plan to be getting soon, calc phos and carbon reactors, mabye a new skimmer move away from my GSM 3 which isnt bad =/ who knows gonna be an interesting journey

Note to self: buy large pack of rubber gloves. I put my hand a little it close to my carpet anemone last night and he decided to wrap around the back of my hand. WOW THAT HURT!!!!! Anyone wanna buy a carpet im a bit mad at it lol :mad:

LOL. I had my fair share of "adventures" with a carpet anemone, too, although mine never hurt me. It was a fish eater, however. ::) But mine wasn't nearly as gorgeous as yours. What a beauty!

JerseyWendy said:
LOL. I had my fair share of "adventures" with a carpet anemone, too, although mine never hurt me. It was a fish eater, however. ::) But mine wasn't nearly as gorgeous as yours. What a beauty!

Mine hasnt ever really hurt me prior to this, probally because hes alot bigger now and MUCH stronger.
thanks =D freeze dried krill + marine c as a food buffer is basically all i feed him... althought he likes to help himself to a nice fish snack on occasion. Cant blame him though in his nature.

Small update:
added two lyretail antehas one male one female, black capped basslet, and another serpent star. Awsome fish loveing them so far =D

Been a while since I have posted on here. Just wanted to give a little update: Everything is healthy and doing great. Cant really say I have had anything die other than a firefish that went MIA =/. Added some awsome Digi's (thanks Wobbegong) not so long ago. Just have been letting my corals and stuff grow mainly. Seen tons of growth off of everything really. Safe cracker zoo's I got with 4 heads have about 12 now all my frags from fragswap are fully encrusted on thier disks and alot are growing and covering the rocks. My GSP is about halfway across the flat rock its on. Still havent gotten the time or funds to move equipments into the basement but would still like too soon as I can. Almost all the crappy algea is out of my tank and im starting to have coraline growth on the back of the tank and the rocks. No new fish... really at my load for fish, everything would either fight or cause me nitrate problems now =( As far as fighting go the three tangs (hippo scopus and yellow) are getting along fine, cant really say the same for the clarki and false perc tho, they still are batteling over the Maginificent nem the perc seems to be holding his ground but I hate to see them going at it =/.
Ill try to post some new pics later tonight if i get around to it =)

crazinezz978 said:
Wow, thati s one beautifull anemone! What do you feed it? What kind of lighting do you have?
Lighting is 3x250watt XM metal halides and 2x6foot VHO super atinics. Its main diet is freeze dried krill with some marine C dripped on it. I see it grab some brine shrimp from time to time as well. If your thinking of the magnificent nem it loves the light and loves to climb as high as it can. Which can be very stressful at times. Used to crawl up into my overflow box before it got in a spot where i aimed the return straight at it so it could not climb any higher. So now it just sits up there and gets blasted by the return and bakes itself under the light. Seems to love it though. The green carpet is far less dificult he just sticks to his corner never moves and doesnt cause me any trouble... except for the times he grabs a fish or the weekly snail I see him get haha.

RIP firefish =( little guy must have jumped out a while ago... I just found him behind the tank.

Also while i'm on here i wanted to ask a question. How do you guys keep your sand so white and clean. I get some brownish almost rust colored stuff on top and some sediment can tend to settle on there. Only possibilities I could come up with was; not enough snails(mainly nassisarus to sift sand around) and overfeeding. I only feed the fish every other day with 1 cube of rotifers, 1 cube of misis shrimp, and 1 cube of brine shrimp. Then the ocasional seaweed clip for the tangs. I figured flow cant be a problem because theres plenty of that down towards the bottom of the tank on the sand and stuff i almost have more trouble keeping the sand from blowing around =/ I can get pictures of what it looks like if mabye that would help.

paintballe48 said:
RIP firefish =( little guy must have jumped out a while ago... I just found him behind the tank.

Also while i'm on here i wanted to ask a question. How do you guys keep your sand so white and clean.

Probably diatoms. Cerith snails are great for these. I also have a cucumber in my sand cleaning crew.

Your probally right. I havent been running my diatom filter. Probally in a month or longer :eek: Im going to go run that tonight for a few hours and start picking up doing that.