• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

135 Gal Mixer

Wrong star

Right Star. Just hope he makes it. Did something I never seen any of my other stars do. Folded up on itself. Now its flattened out so hopefully it makes it. It will be neat to have the huge normal colored chocolate and a normal sized white one.
IMG-20120428-01118.jpg

They don't bother corals, but I think they eat all the fauna that keeps a DSB healthy. They used to be really frowned upon. Not sure now, with so many going away from DSBs in their display tanks. I personally wouldn't add one, even though they are pretty cool critters, but I'm still an old school DSB guy.

They don't bother corals, but I think they eat all the fauna that keeps a DSB healthy. They used to be really frowned upon. Not sure now, with so many going away from DSBs in their display tanks. I personally wouldn't add one, even though they are pretty cool critters, but I'm still an old school DSB guy.

Are you sure? I put a kenya tree(6-7") in with my large chocolate chip star and it was on it fast(for a starfish). Once it moved off where the kenya tree was, there was nothing left.

No, I'm not sure... I stopped reading about them when I realized they'd eat the sand critters! :biggrin:

Oh ;)

On a different note. Found a new type of asterina star that hitchhiked on a rock I got last night. All the ones in my tank are brown but these are gray with red and black.

Here's the 2 i found
IMG-20120501-01126.jpg

Heres a side by side with one of the original ones.
IMG-20120501-01127.jpg