• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

144 Oceanic 1/2 circle

Our new tank is up and running here are some pics

144003.jpg

144001.jpg

That shape and your rockwork

The shape of that tank and your rocksape really work well together . Looks great how about a few more photo's a full tank shot from a few feet away would be nice to see

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Very nice! I'm bummed I missed your meeting. I would have liked to see your setup. Now that you have this new one, you may need to host another one ;)

Congrats and good luck with it.

Tazmaniancowboy

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
WOW That looks awesome and that's only a pic. I'd love to see that in person being that Pics never do justice for our tanks. Good luck with it.

Taz

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Looks great in the pictures, for a 1/2 circle. I thought there would have been more distortion, given the shape. The rockscape and animals look great in there. Nice job! Enjoy it!

Thanks guys! Hey the August meeting is right around the corner and we are only 5 minutes away. So if anyone would like to stop by and see it you are more then welcome.

just beautiful.

is it just the one tang?

quote: Naso tang, chevron tang, yellow tang, Flame clown he will have a new home when we do the switch. Lawnmower Blenny and a large goby

Nevermind - i found the answer myself. ;)

Wow you guys are always changing things up. It looks really cool. Is that the yellow tang you had in the bigger tank? If so he looks a lot better. The scopas tang is doing well and is starting to grow back his dorsal fin. I will have to swing by sometime and check it out.

We added another light to the tank so here is some updated pics
the 1st pic is taken with the flash so you can see the stand and canopy.

144007-1.jpg

144001-1.jpg

144002-1.jpg

144011-2.jpg

Pics don't do this tank justice! Absolutely incredible! I hope the 210 I got from you turns out HALF as nice as that new setup you have there! And the sump system is equally amazing. Thanks for showing me everything!

Gorgeous tank I like the aquascape what kind of sand did you use? I want to add some black sand to my tank. I think it makes everything stand out more

I really like the look of the big 1/2 circle. Sweet tank!

I always liked my old bow front but found cleaning to be difficult as the Mag float didn't quite set down to remove algea. Even a Kent scraper or a straight razor was dificult as it had to be perfectly aligned to scrape without scratching. What tool do you use to clean the bowed glass?

Hirobo said:
Gorgeous tank I like the aquascape what kind of sand did you use? I want to add some black sand to my tank. I think it makes everything stand out more

Thanks Hirobo,
We used caribbean sea hawiian black sand, I love it algae doesn't seem to affect it at all.