• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

2 questions

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
1) I want add some color to my tank was thinking of getting a red gorgonian. Does any have experience with this coral? Is hard to care for, lighting, feeding, etc?

2) I have a minor amount of cyano on my sand right up front. I hate to stir up my sand. The cause is mostly because of some food I bought for the corals that is high in phosphate and I did feed frequently but have cut back. I heard that the clear shrimp you catch in the bay will eat the cyano. Does anyone know if this is true?

Thanks
Mark

its probably not a great idea to put anything from the bay into your tank.. once i put some snails that i caught in the bay into my tank and nothing happened but, a knowledgeable reef keeper told never to do that again.. i havent since..

I have a purple gorgonian it is in our 12 gallon nano and it has great polyp extension over 12" high I do frozen cyclopeez and it is under stock pc lighting.