• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

2007 Director at Large Central Candidates

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I've asked each of our candidates to write an intro for you to get to know them a little bit better!

Thanks, guys!

Hi:
Just wanted to introduce myself. I've been a member of NJ Reefers for about 6 months. I live in Middlesex county. I've been married for 14yrs and have a 3yr old daughter. I have been in the aquarium hobby since 1977. It all started with a 10 gallon freshwater tank that evolved into a 15g nano FOWLR tank that I started just after the birth of my daughter. I currently have a 120g reef tank that was started in August of 2006. Prior to that I had a 50g reef. I have some experience in wood working and I built the stand and canopy for my old 50g as well as the wall unit that houses my current 120g reef.

Professionally, I'm a degreed Mechanical Engineer and I am the Asst. Division Manager and Manager of Engineering for a small Water Treatment company in Bridgewater that designs and manufacturers large scale water treatment systems.

Thanks

I guess that means it's my turn.

For those that don't me (and my warped sense of humor) I've been a member of NJRC for the past year and a half or so. Been living in Mercer county with my wife of (WOW! - don't tell her I said that) almost 15 years now. I have three kids, and try not to let them out unless absolutely necessary. I've had fresh water tanks since I was about 4 years old, I'm not going to reveal my age, but it's been well over 10 years.

About 5 years ago I started bugging my wife for a reef tank. At first it was a solid NO, but I was persistent. About 3 years ago, my sister which had a FOWLR tank wanted out of the hobby. I managed to talk the wife into getting me a new tank, and taking my sister's livestock. After about six months, and no fatalities, I started acquiring the needed equipment so I could add corals. I've had my ups and downs as most reefers do, but I enjoy every step of the way (except when Benny the Blennie committed suicide - RIP :'( sniff sniff a moment of silence please).

OK I'm better now.

Unlike NewSalt, I'm not very professional. I spend my days surfing the net reading NJReefers and RC, although I'm supposed to be testing systems to check on their security.

Now, if I'm elected, I promise to track down all the terrorists in this world... Ummm, never mind - wrong election.

Marcelo -