• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

*** 2012 Frag swap Update ***

Tazmaniancowboy

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
As you all know and are probably sick of hearing about, “Superstorm Sandy” has hit the tri-state area and has had some devastating effects on the communities in and around the area. First we would like to say that we at NJRC hope that you, your family, and friends are OK and we wish you a safe and speedy recovery from any losses you may have experienced due to this horrendous storm.

Prior to the appearance of the “Frankenstorm”, the 2012 NJRC Frag Swap was coming together nicely and the NJRC was getting ready for the best year ever, with a sold out vendor floor and an all time high for pre-registered attendees.

We know that some of our vendors have experienced power outages and damage and we have not yet been apprised to the amount of damage sustained to the Expo Hall after numerous attempts to contact them via phone and email have failed. Unfortunately, now that we are in the wake of Sandy’s wrath, we have decided that it is in the best interest of both the vendors and the attendees to CANCEL the NJRC 2012 Frag Swap that was scheduled for this weekend in Raritan Center, Edison at this time.

While we are highly disappointed to have been forced to make this decision,but we are confident it is in everyone’s best interest while travel is still very difficult and dangerous. As soon as we are able to contact the expo center, we will try to get a date that we can hopefully reschedule the event. If we are unable to do so in a timely manner we will be refunding pre-paid registrations. We appreciate you being patient with us as we work through this unfortunate situation.

If there are any questions or concerns, please feel free to email us with any questions or concerns to officers@njreefers.org

Swap sale at my place! You guys made the right call. We will prevail eventually with this swap, I know we will. To all our vendors and patrons, I think it was the right call.

Daniel

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Don the club need to post what you have on all the forums that we have our frag swap listed on. So we do not have people trying to go there on Saturday.

Tazmaniancowboy

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Don the club need to post what you have on all the forums that we have our frag swap listed on. So we do not have people trying to go there on Saturday.
We should be hopping all of the threads that were started to announce the Swap. Please advise anybody that you know.

Can I just leave my table money with you guys and have you hold me a table for the rescheduled date?

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
Expo center got back to me this morning and they want to reschedule. We will all let you know when the date is set.

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
They are flooded an damaged as well, it will not be next weekend.

fatoldsun

NJRC Member
Just an FYI. Someone renewed at least one of the Craigslist announcements which reminded me who ever started that ad may want to edit it and re-list it as postponed pending a new date. I know s lot of non-club people who use Craigslist and I'd bet a few will head up based on those ads. May want to give them a heads up b/c a wasted trip could annoy people unnecessarily. Just my opinion fwiw.

I'm glad to see that the swap will be rescheduled..I've been soo looking forward to this years event. Went through a rough time trying to keep my DT alive during this horrible storm that I need a party to keep my spirits up.

Tazmaniancowboy

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Just an FYI. Someone renewed at least one of the Craigslist announcements which reminded me who ever started that ad may want to edit it and re-list it as postponed pending a new date. I know s lot of non-club people who use Craigslist and I'd bet a few will head up based on those ads. May want to give them a heads up b/c a wasted trip could annoy people unnecessarily. Just my opinion fwiw.
Thanks for the heads up, you are correct, I hope the person who threw it up sees this post in time to edit it
I think we should give our members a chance to get back on their feet before we have our swap.
I agree, there is a lot to take into consideration