• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

2012 Meeting Hosts Needed

Tazmaniancowboy

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Well with the year winding down rather fast I would like to thank ALL who attended our meetings in 2011 and give even more thanks to those who hosted. We had many fun times at all of the meetings this year and we could not have done it without our HOSTS.

We are now looking to fill the 2012 meeting calendar and looking for volunteers to host these meetings. Please post here or PM me if you have any questions or would like to step up and host a meeting. There are no requirements to hosting a meeting, just a place for us to gather, eat and hold interesting conversation! No tank needed

I will put up the north,central,south rotation schedule soon, but in the mean time if you are interested, please let me know what area you are in. Let's get the ball rolling!

I am looking forward to another great year of meetings! See you there!

dnov99

FRAG SWAP VENDOR
You can put us down again for whenever is needed. Spring/summer months preferred.

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
We ended October with a North meeting and the Holiday party is northish so lets start off with South.

Jan South
Feb Central
March North
April Speaker Event (probably central)
May South
June Central
July North
August South
September Central
October North
November Frag Swap
December Holiday party

Tazmaniancowboy

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
LOOKING for January Host. Meeting scheduled to be a southern location. Please let us know if you are interested.

Fish Brain

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Stirling is borderline central/north so it can work either way but I can do the February or March meeting. Now that I have the new tank set up I can show it off. :)

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
How many people usually attend the meetings? I may be interested my house is kinda small though

Tazmaniancowboy

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
How many people usually attend the meetings? I may be interested my house is kinda small though
The attendance can fluctuate drastically for many reasons. I have seen from 4 all the way to over a hundred in the good old days! Honestly the average this year has been around 20 I would say though. If you need to cap a head count we can do that, but people tend to try to have a "fair weather" meeting whe they have a small place so that more can attend and be outside as well.

Tazmaniancowboy

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Meeting schedule is posted HERE. If anybody else is interested please let us know as we are still looking for North hosts and could always use a "backup" for all locations.

I haven't gotten *approval* yet, but I'd love to do July. I'm on the lake, if the weather is nice, it could be a great day all around! I'm up north, and that's what the schedule indicated. I need to figure out what I can and can't do (I have a gazillion cats - bathroom facilities, etc.). Put me down as TBD. If I can't - maybe I can get the club house or something ... :)