• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

20L frag tank/ nano

hello everyone,

im going to show my 20L FT/nano. it looks like a nano, but really is a frag grow out tank. im not going to post the past history of this tank. take to long. i have upgraded this system twice over time. i will show pics of when i was first starting off, but mainly will list my current equipment/setup...

this tank has been running for a couple months now, and is kicking. i had a couple different filtration combos, different lighting systems, different water movement setups. this whole tank was done by myself over a couple weeks time. i will give a quick description of the entire system.

custom made stand and canopy
20L drilled with 2x 1in bulk heads
custom overflow boxes
custom made stand pipes for draining
custom made return system from sump
2x 24in VHO actinics
1x 70w 10k halide
2x koralia nano's
2x 50w stealth heaters
2x 12LED blue moon lights
10g sump w/fuge
fuge holds two different type of macro, couple different types of live rubble
viaqua 606 (606gph) return pump

fragtank.jpg

60.jpg

66.jpg

65.jpg

this is when i first set up the tank after the upgrades
fragtankFTS.jpg

this is with the old lighting
2nd.jpg

this is with the new lighting system with the new bulbs
fragtankwithnewlightbulbs.jpg

Just a thought since you seem to be handy...how about drilling two rocks the size of you returns in the front? I think Tunze has fake rock like that. Since you have a unique design I think it would make it less distracting IMHO.

i like that idea. at 1st i didnt mind the returns, cause people would always ask where they were coming from. but after thinking having some real or fake live rock with a colony of zoa's growing on it. would look pritty different

i like it, i'm around the corner from you on thompson off 36, let me know when your frags grow out and you want to sell or trade, or even if you'de just like to compare notes....