• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

20L frag tank/ nano

Picture003-1.jpg

Picture006-1.jpg

Picture007-1.jpg

Picture008-1.jpg

Picture005.jpg

i recently upgraded my hydor koralia nano's to HK1's...much more flow, perfect for this tank...ive been toying with the idea of upgrading the halide from a 70W to a 150W....

how did you maker the sump because i have 20 gallon rreef and wanted 2 make a sump or refugrum also just wondered how it would work

i took a 10g tank and just added acrylic sheets for baffles. it is skimmerless. but will be upgrading the sump to a 15g and adding a ETSS reef devil skimmer while shortining the fuge section......

well i spent a weekend upgrading this system. the only change of plans was. the ETSS skimmer was not ready for switch over to this system..so i purchased a ASM mini and mesh modded it...i did upgrade the sump to a 15g, the fuge i did not have to shorten that much at all...i also added much more live rock...this tank have alot of potential....here are some pics!!!!!!!!!
here are pics before the sump build
new 15g sump
Picture052.jpg

acrylic and silicone for the baffles
Picture054.jpg

Picture053.jpg

final product
Picture059.jpg

new skimmer
Picture055.jpg

mesh and mesh modded pinwheel
Picture060.jpg

Picture058.jpg

Picture057.jpg

this is a new FTS....
Picture061.jpg

skimmer in action
Picture063.jpg

the new sump
Picture062.jpg

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
And all I can say is I'm impressed, looks like it is coming along really well.