• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

210 upgrade

We had to make 2 trips to get our new set up today. 1st trip was the tank and stand 2nd trip was the canopy and lights. The 180 dismantling starts bright and early Sunday morning.
Believe it or not but the aceanic 180 weighs more then the AGA 210. We got the 2 rubbermaid tubs ready one for fish the other for rock and coral plus 100 gallon storage tank.
Here I go again lol. If I could of hit the lottery I could of picked out 1000 gallon system and had my house built around it.
Oh well, maybe some day

Believe it or not but the aceanic 180 weighs more then the AGA 210

I believe it ;D

That is going to be a BEAUTIFUL set up! Can't wait...

Might be a while before I eat ham again though.... )|( lol

Was worth being part of helping you guys. Had fun, and appreciate the lunch too! Absolutely FUN reefers to hang out with!

I have to move some wires... think you guys could bring your screwdriver over and give me a hand? ;D ;D

Here are the before and after shots. I will tell the story of our fun day tomorrow. I just want to thank Bill, Steve, Joe and Nicole for helping us out today. Without your help we would still be working on it. It was nice having good friends with us today :D
Our 180
fffffffffish002.jpg

Our new 210
fishtank1018-1.jpg

fishtank1017.jpg

fishtank1021.jpg

fishtank1020.jpg

Sorry hun I couldn't resist
My little plumber :eek:
fishtank1008.jpg

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
The tank looks great! The view of the plumber? Not so much! LOL! Is the tank Starphire? What made you decide to upgrade from the 180 to a 210? What lights are you running over it? What else do you plan on keeping?

When I was there looking at the 180, they explained to me that the whole package deal of the 210 was to good to resist. They didn't do the upgrade just for the extra 30 gallon. Terri, the 210 looks really nice. Can't wait to see it this weekend.

Phyl said:
The tank looks great! The view of the plumber? Not so much! LOL! Is the tank Starphire? What made you decide to upgrade from the 180 to a 210? What lights are you running over it? What else do you plan on keeping?

Thanks Phyl, I believe it is starfire. This set up is amazing I only have 2 ft from the top of the canopy to my ceiling. We are running 3 20k 400 watt MH pendants with the actinics built in. Plus we are adding T5 fixtures. We like a variety of everything. We are so happy we did the change

ricwilli said:
When I was there looking at the 180, they explained to me that the whole package deal of the 210 was to good to resist. They didn't do the upgrade just for the extra 30 gallon. Terri, the 210 looks really nice. Can't wait to see it this weekend.

Rich you needed the couch to sit in in front of your tank, with this set up you'll need it as soon as you walk in the door. Your tank is ready to go. See ya Sat.

MORE PICS MORE PICS ;D

Yeah, I know I was there just yesterday...but it's a nice tank.. lol

How is everything handling the move? Good I hope!

Ok guys there are alot of pics in my photobucket http://s171.photobucket.com/albums/u319/adesimone1/210 upgrade/
We had alot of cut fingers, pinched fingers and we even had a little episode of a screwdriver going thru our 220 volt wire to our central air ooops while we were bracing up the floor. Steve, Anthony said he has his screwdriver ready, lol. It took us from 6:30am til 10 pm. We had our 1st casualty our Flame Angel didn't make it into the new tank :'(. The rest of the gang seems very happy with all the swimming room.

shipwrecked said:
Good luck on the new set up,caint wait to see the new tank.Looking forward to taking that road trip with you guys too!! :)

Anytime just give us a call. Your welcome to come see it anytime

reefitup said:
MORE PICS MORE PICS ;D

Yeah, I know I was there just yesterday...but it's a nice tank.. lol

How is everything handling the move? Good I hope!
Everything looks real good the corals are popping with the new lights

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
"Nice pic of the old tank"

"Oh, the new tank looks nice"

"Oh that's a nice pic too"

"That looks very nice"

"That pic looks good"

"EEEEGGGGGAAAAAAD! What is that!"

All-in-all, it looks great. Congrats on the new tank.

Brian

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
There needs to be some warning before pictures like that! Yikes!!

Tank looks nice though!