• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

265 break down thread Robbinsville 08691 or Bridgewater

Edwardw771

NJRC Member
I drained the water from my 265 today. (kind of a sad day but it was time still keeping the 90) Going to start to sell my stuff. Starting with the rock. I have probably 200 pounds of rock it was originally Marco rock ten years ago. It will need to be recurred. $1.50 a pound of $200 for all of it.

Pair of Maroon clowns $20 the female is very large.
Twin spot wrasse $20
3 Large Green serpent stars Free
I have more stuff but starting with these guys.

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Say it ain't so!

However, I can fully understand. This past week I was just talking to someone saying that I don't know how people with young kids and/or a full time job can find the time to keep a tank I'm retired, and the kids have all moved out, and I still struggle with having the time. Stuff keeps on breaking!!!!

But you're still in the game with the 90. We can't loose you Ed.

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
At least you're still here. I don't know how anyone manages large tanks kids or not. I was going to a 120g with a few large fish but didn't for personal reasons. Now I was looking at the 30g tank thinking hmmm nice for seahorses. I must be going crazy as I get older.

I would take a serpent star, love those guys, but kind of far.

Good luck.

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Ed, here's a thought....since you have that big hole in the wall.....and young kids.

Keep the tank and put in Goldfish.....the kids would love it....have them pick the fish. They are darn near zero maintenance and can take tremendous abuse. I had a goldfish tank for about 25 years....yes they live that long....a 75 gallon, three fish. The only water changes I'd do is when I'd move the tank to the side porch during the summer, and then bringing it back inside in the fall.

Cheap landscape gravel from the garden section of Walmart; have the kids pick the fish and whatever ornaments they want in the tank....cheap lights....hang on the back filter....no heater! Easy to do.

mikem

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Nooooo Ed. I been there and know how hard it is to take care of a big tank and kids. Good luck. Let me know if you need anything.