• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

29 Gallon BioCube Questions

another hijack question -sorry joey.

The middle horizontal slots - are they also used for water flowing thru?? Or is that some kind of failsafe? I'm added enough water that it's going thru the side overflow. Anymore water and I'm thinking this thing is going to overflow if power cuts out.

I'm also finding the back to be very loud - i don't have a cover on my bc29 so probably that's it. Do you have a pic of your set up joey?

As far as I know, the middle slots are for more water flow. I don't think it's a failsafe, but I could be wrong. Like JRWOHLER said, his came with inserts for the purpose of blocking them off, so I don't think it's a real issue. The basic idea is to get more top skimming.

My tank is very quiet, even with the skimmer running. So maybe it is because of the lack of a lid.

I installed the new Hydor 1200 pump, the thing is awesome. It's about a quarter of the size of the stock one, puts out 300gph and it only uses 8 watts.
Really nice unit. The skimmer is working great too. Also installed koralya 1, so I have really good water flow. Not too much but just enough. Very happy thus far.

I have pictures taken, but I'm not really good with the whole photobucket thing. I'll try again tonight.

Still need chaeto if anyone has any. ;)