• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

29 Gallon (From start to finish)

The old saying take it slow applies here. Check out the for sale section here and manhattan reefers I bet you can find a good 4 or 6 bulb fixture fairly cheap. Don't throw good money out the window on a fixture that in 2 months you are either going to want to upgrade or are generally unhappy with. Or wait till you can afford a good 4 or 6 bulb T5 fixture. IMHO.

Yeah, I think im jus gonna return everything untill I sell my tank or fish and get enough money to do it right.. Big bummer though bc I think about have my own reef like every 5 minutes.. It really gets to me =/

anthony i have a 29gallon runnig which a started a month ago. I think if you keep that powerhead real high it will be ok but i wouldnt add another unless its a K-nano on the other side. I have 2 K-2's and they are at the very top back of the tank and they do a nice job. They also really agitate the surface of the water which makes my tank shimmer like crazy with my halide.

If I had to do it again I would have gotten a fixture that had a 150 watt HQI plus a few tubes of actinic for supplementation. But right now I have a 150 watt pendant that i just got with a 14k bulb and its amazing, corals still pop and everything seems happy.

I got a remora skimmer too and its starting to really kick ass on the crap in the tank, i recommend those.

Good thing you arent keeping those fish anymore, they were all wrong for a 29 they probably need at least a 90-125.

Well I really don't want something hanging from the top, I think the T5's are AMAZING... The Hydor 3 is really giving me second thoughts bc everyone is saying that it's to much for the tank.. Idk what light to get honestly I need something that's under $150ish but will still get the job done and look nice.. and me being a newb, I honestly don't know a thing on what to do!

no, i dont think Absolutely fish would benefit you except for small items. Their prices are off the charts to begin with. But sometimes they auction stuff off at their big sales.

Anthony is up in north jersey I believe - and I hate to say it but the only good game up there would be AF. So if you have to go - best to go when they have a sale. Is this the store you went to for your FW stuff Anthony?

Yea.. North jersey Is horrible we only have reef encounter and AF as our ONLY reef stores.. Which are both a 30min drive -_-

as for my Fw stuff I mainly bought from Petland 5 mins away so it was all easy.. I'm being offer an
amazing light fixture from a fellow member with a daylight, actinic, and 3 moonlight LEDs so I will hopefully have this running soon guys!

As much as I worry about you getting the right lights, I would say don't worry about the K3.
Keep it up top and your sand will be fine. The surface movement it great for the gas exchange.
I found that I would have mine set up opposite the intake for the back tank and created good surface movement.

If you can find a good light that is great as far as the sale goes.
If you go towards a 30G breeder then I would really look for a 4 bulb T5, great light for that tank.

My only suggestion is read as much as possible before you spend money on new lights. Until you get a good idea of what is what, try to read different threads on CP lighting, T5, MH or even LED. There are some nano reef forums too like Nano-reef.com. Check them out see what reviews you hear on those lights. I understand the price point is right for you but darn I hope you will be happy with them in 6-9 months not this month when you have to buy them.

FYI I have a 24G AP in the crawl space in my house with CP...I hate CP lighting and only use it for QT once in a while. I am really biased and freely admit it.

I know what your talking about...it is on the fringe of my memory...meaning I am old and I forget. I know that my tank was either the newer model or not the one that failed. I believe the later....want to say it was Bio Cube...but again I plain forget.

hey i would suggest taking a look at constantine's tank that he has for sale. IT'S AN AWESOME looking setup. i'd get it if i weren't heads up on my setup. or you can buy my cube and i'll buy his ;)

Just bought my 175watt 20,000k metal halide from mstrpln03 and it was a amazing purchase, the light runs like a charm..

1 down, a few to go, haha! Now we need live sand/rock...

LR.jpg

You have my #