• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

29g Reeflog

Subliminal

NJRC Member
Hair algae is on the way out:

IMG_3270.jpg

i'd personally get a skimmer, but thats just me. glad the waterchanges helped with the algae. i would get a pump agitating the surface. i'd go with a seio. you see that oil slick on the top of the water? well that stuff hurts the airation of your tank and it blocks some of the light going to your corals, plus i think its ugly lol. i'd go with a seio.

Subliminal

NJRC Member
I was having some issues with cyano on the sand. My guess was so much rock was creating dead spots.

I rescaped the tank a few days ago:

IMG_6577.jpg

I agree.. wow.. the 2nd picture is so much clearer and crisper and more colorful.. Nice going Twan, so happy you go that hair algae under control. I am starting to see a little in my tank. I think that the addition of food to the tank kick started something. However, under control and the pets are fed. :D

Good luck and keep us posted. You know how much I love to see photos of things. Especially when they are this nice.

LOL.. I had you on my brain when I was typing.. I meant to say all that to subliminal.. lol..

Hey Subliminal, please take out twans names and replace with yours 2 posts above :D

LOL

I really like how your tank turned out. At first the aquascape was nice with the arch but it didnt really show a lot of depth and height. I really like it now and i would love to see more pictures of that hawkfish. I have a 29g with stand empty in my house so when im ready to get started i know who to talk to.

Subliminal

NJRC Member
Sorry, but I had to get rid of the hawk. I loved the lil guy, but I just couldn't keep any crabs, snails or shrimp without him killing them.

And he bullied all my other fish, too.

Great personality, though!