• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

2x Anems and 3x Mangroves in Brick

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
New tank has fish and corals thriving but the anems don't seem to be growing over past few months. Each is about the size of a 50c coin.
They're active and mobile with current changes, and on the occasion I feed them directly they readily accept food.
Just don't think tank is doing it for them.

ALSO

3 mangroves with some initial leaf growth. Had them for a few months.
Root systems expanding nicely and they seem to be doing quite well.
I don't have proper lighting for continued growth.

Drop me a PM if interested, I'm in Brick off Jack Martin Blvd.

Last edited:

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
They were a very light brown bubble tip. I had a current (as in electric) problem in my previous 40b tank and it split and went into hiding.
I countered the problem a few months ago with a new pump when I transferred everything over to a new 65g tank.
They reappeared soon after with a slight bleaching, now beige(ish) bubble tips.
I'm still learning and experimenting with lighting on the new tank and seem to have a good level set for all corals, as they're growing fantastically.
But, the anems are not - they're healthy, interesting, eating, and look good, they're just not growing.
I'm guessing they're not groovin with the new tank parameters.
I'll post a pic tomorrow.

Last edited:

mrehfeld

Officer Emeritus
Mark if you can bring the mangroves to RAP I'd like to have them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Roger that, all spoken for.
I'll be at RAP on Saturday morning, volunteering if possible.
Will have the anems in a decent size tupperware container and hope for the best.