• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

325 tank move!

Hey guys!! So I have a couple question. First is whats a good moving company in the south jersey area that will move a 325 72x36x29 tank? Second if I move it my self anyone have suction cup handles? Lastly is anyone will to give a hand if I move their my self?

I’m not in here much so if you want to text 6096824042. It would also be nice to start meeting more of you guys soon.
Thanks in advance

Yes mike I think I met some guys at a frag swap about a year ago. And I have Access to trucks manly just looking for a company, a set of suction cup handles or guys to help. If anyone has any of this text me please. 6096824042

I looked around about a month ago for suction cups to get my new tank down the stairs. Ended up not needing them but I’m pretty sure Home Depot rents the heavy industrial ones.

home depot does not rent them anymore.

i bought those double cup suction cups @ harbor freight to move a 300 not long ago. they're gone now but im sure they have more - bought extras to double up in case one slipped - they will slip if not clean. really the bulk of the move was just done with a single furniture dolly. we moved it on its short side (standing the tank up) most of the way. id offer to help in a heartbeat but weve had a couple of near covid experiences this month so my wife wont go for it.

@Paulie 069 usually volunteers to help out but idk what hes up to these days

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I don’t think I’ve ever seen a tank move that used lifting straps. I’ve used forearm straps to move a refrigerator and shoulder straps (shoulder dolly straps) to move very heavy stuff. With the straps over your shoulders, and a very wide strap going under whatever you're lifting, you use your legs to lift and your arms are simply used to balance the item from falling left to right.

These are the straps I have:

Shoulder Dolly.jpg

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
The tank is 3/4 glass a weighs about 650 pounds. Getting it up my basement stairs will be fun!

Straps are good up to 800 pounds....and you're only dead lifting using your shoulders.....easy peasy (for @Paulie 069 ) :oops: With a little training, the average Joe can deadlift 335 pounds....and that's using your hands. Here it's all shoulders with a little leg action.

DangerDave

NJRC Member
Those things work. I’ve used the ones that hook up to your arms, the shoulder ones that RFBF recommended are better. My younger sister helped me carry a very large refrigerator with no issues. I don’t see why you couldn’t do it with a tank.

Salted

NJRC Member
There's no issue with items tipping over to one side or the other with these? Seems with just a single strap that has to run down the center the item could easily tip out.

STRAPS,lil snowflakes, haha just playing, all you need is 19in arms, and some meat on your shoulders,, easy peezy When you looking to move tank, if I’m available I’m in,, anything for my peeps

Attachments

• 318D820E-7D90-4ECD-B59C-80D36378F574.jpeg
    318D820E-7D90-4ECD-B59C-80D36378F574.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 3
I don’t think I’ve ever seen a tank move that used lifting straps. I’ve used forearm straps to move a refrigerator and shoulder straps (shoulder dolly straps) to move very heavy stuff. With the straps over your shoulders, and a very wide strap going under whatever you're lifting, you use your legs to lift and your arms are simply used to balance the item from falling left to right.

These are the straps I have:

View attachment 36445

This works
Wilson and I got he’s aquarium into the truck this way with no problems
Tank was 170g I think