• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

375g MONEY PIT!

Edwardw771

NJRC Member
thats crazy. With a baby coming on top of that. My wife just said your wife probably ready to kill you.

billyr98.gif

say that again.

Gee, a true money pit. We've all spent large amounts of money on our systems but atleast we have something to show for it. I was so looking forward to seeing the pictures and then what a bummer. Sorry it didn't work out.

RichT

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
We can go bigger if we do a in place build. Can anyone say 500g starfire?

Sorry to hear this!

Billy, what did you mean by:
"I also went there and the tank had two pieces of glass for the front show tank, very tacky.. and never told to me!"

I checked out the pics of the tank again and didn't see what you were referring to. I originally thought you meant "side by side" with a panel or something in between but couldn't see anything like this in the pics. Do you mean one in front of the other for additional support? If so that would suck!

Carlo

That blows.

Any thoughts on what you are going to do now? Go with something smaller or just wait it out?

Carlo

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I think there's one in Florida...

Rr...r....rrroooaa. Nope. Can't even say it.

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
That double front glass thing was really wierd. The worst past was that in the top right was a smudge of glue or something between the panes that you'd never be able to get out. Not good.

The funny part was the guy and his wife trying to convince us that the 3 of us could lift this monster of a tank and move it. I've been on plenty of big tank moves and this one was just not going to happen. I could certainly understand their motivation for getting it out of there but he definitely needed to have a bigger crew available on his end.

Oh, and Billy owes Budget a bolt! ;) (I'll explain that one in person for anyone interested!)

RichT

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
The three of them could have gotten it easy. John just didn't want to smash another finger. LOL j/k ;D

Even with the expectation of a few blackened fingers I don't think 3 guys are going to safely move a 375!

Another guy and myself moved my 265 up 3 steps and about 20 feet and I'll tell you that was definitely the limit IMHO for a 2 guy move unless they are built like gorillas! Tanks definitely get heavier quickly as the glass gets thicker and thicker with each size increment (within reason).

Hey Billy, do you remember the one place I mentioned to you at my house that I had got a quote from (the place you mentioned actually)? Give them a call. As of a month ago they had 2 custom tanks that were available (buyer backed out) in the 350-450 range and were a pretty good deal for the money. They were both ready to be shipped. You would just need to make sure of stand and if the predrilled holes are what you need.

Carlo

RichT

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
cayars said:
Even with the expectation of a few blackened fingers I don't think 3 guys are going to safely move a 375!

Ahhh...... a joke maybe. ;)

Moved a 125 from one wall in the living room to another with me and another guy and thought my arms were going to rip off. Still had about 2" of water and 200lbs of sand in the bottom of it. Sorry to hear about your wasted trip and best of luck finding a new tank.

That sucks Billy!
i just want to let u know that ur 210 looks awesome even though we all want bigger tanks then 210 i know others would love to have our huge tanks i look at my tank & wish i had a 300 to 500 gallon but i just cant see my self doing it all over again.

Edwardw771

NJRC Member
i agree that 210 is great. I was going to ask you how much you wanted for it. If you really got the other one.