• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

40 breeder flow rate?

The_Codfather

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
JRWOHLER said:
Just put a valve that you can adjust the return rate in. I would suggest it because then you can close the valve off if you turn the pump off too.
that's a given!

The_Codfather

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
evoIX said:
i just bought an eshopps pf-300 which is definitely not pushing 300 and i have only 1 90elbow on the drain. other than that it's going through 1pvc and 1 1/4" flex tubing. mag 7 would be too much. i have maybe 200 MAX going due to my overflow
The reason im getting a mag 7 is for a few reasons... first thing being head hight second is Im adding a few inline things.. UV,Heater, Flow meter plus using swing valve, shut off... ect
Head Height (in feet) Gallons per Hour
0' 640
1' 530
3' 460
5'*********************** 390*
7' 290
10' 90
11.65' shutoff

The_Codfather

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
evoIX said:
that's always a good reason codfather! lol. i have a tee for my reactor and same issue.
It's not like im going overkill on the pump size just so many factors that can slow the flow rate.. plus even if it's still a bit high i can always slow it down with a shut off valve.. here a good Calculator (on left side) that can give you a number in a ballpark http://reefcentral.com/