• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

48" x 24" x 18" how many gallons????????????

Ever heard of GOOGLE gys ?? ::) ::) ;D

Just google the following and you would get the answer. Its a little sensitive so try not to change much (other than the numbers) ...

48 inch * 24 inch * 18 inch to gallons

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
That's a riot. B..b...b...but I didn't neeeeed to google that. I knew it off the top of my head!

That's a riot. B..b...b...but I didn't neeeeed to google that. I knew it off the top of my head!

Well not everyone can aspire to have the terrabytes of reef data that our fearless leader holds in her head ....
But after having lugging a tank and stand with those dimensions from an hour up north, discovering that the tank was leaking and the stand was coming apart, cleaning up the leaking tank and removing all silicone to finally develop cold feet and give up ... getting a replacement stand from another reefer and awaiting the replacement tank this weekend ...
... so did I ;D ;D.

Google calculator is just a nifty way to do all sorts of calculcations and convertions that's all. ..

I just discovered Google sketchup from a post in this forum. http://sketchup.google.com/training/videos.html ... I will bombard you guys with my tank diagrams soon. ... Life is awesssummm... ;D

radiata

NJRC Member
paintman27 said:
??? ??? ??? I can't seem to find the formula. thanx in advance

Length (in inches) x Width (in inches) x Height (in inches) / 231 = gross gallons

48x18x24/231=89.766

Tanks are usually measured with their outside dimensions, so the rated size is not what they can hold. In this example the amount of water it can actually hold is probably closer to 47x17x22/231 which equals 76.095 gallons.