• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

5 gal rimless...ELOS E-light powered

Here's my new project:

5 gallon all glass rimless tank powered by an ELOS LED E-light.
-50 watt titanium heater
-Aqua Clear 20 hang-on filter (3 stage)
-2 lbs live rock
-1 rose BTA
-1 Randals shrimp Goby
- few assorted shrimp
-clean-up crew

IMG_2145-vi.jpg

IMG_2144-vi.jpg

IMG_2068-vi.jpg

IMG_2071-vi.jpg

IMG_2064-vi.jpg

Mbodell said:
ummm... Isn't that the tank from reefbuilders?

Im not sure what you mean?

The tank is from my LFS. I had the E-light from my ELOS mini (upgraded to AI LED module).

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Beautiful tank (and contents). What is that in photo 3? I can't quite tell by looking at the picture?

Welcome to NJRC!

Phyl said:
Beautiful tank (and contents). What is that in photo 3? I can't quite tell by looking at the picture?

Welcome to NJRC!

Thanks!

In #3 its a small rock with a Rose bubble tip anemone and a few hermits crawling around.

mikem said:
Thats a nice looking tank.
Welcome to NJRC.

Just went to reefbuilders. WOW....they stole my pics!!!! This is nuts. I just setup the tank with the e-light a few weeks ago...its stitting in my livingroom in Englewood, NJ. I guess they like it.

ReeferNets said:
dude where did u post your pics?

Before posting here...I also had them up on ReefCentral and Nano-reef. Its more flattering than anything. Maybe I should post pics of my Elos Mini here before Reefbuilders steals those pics as well. :p

Brian said:
Mbodell said:

Ok, now I'm confused...they used your pictures without permission??

also, I could be mistaken, but that doesn't really look like a RBTA to me.

Oh well, Welcome to NJRC.

Exactly...and this is the first Im seeing/hearing of it.
Oh...and that little guy IS an RBTA...just looks a bit wierd for whatever reason. I had bought a bunch of them at one time and this particular guy was put first into my 3 gal pico....then into the 5 gal rimless.

I actually looked up your thread on nano-reef. I saw your bigger tank on there as well. Maybe you should ask them for some credit.

Mbodell said:
I actually looked up your thread on nano-reef. I saw your bigger tank on there as well. Maybe you should ask them for some credit.

Yea...some credit would be nice...but in the end I dont really care. I know that its sitting in my livingroom and thats enough for me. ;)

More pics later tonight....